LOCATION: Dutch Harbor, AK.
The Superintendent is responsible for the direction, coordination, implementation, control and completion of projects, while remaining aligned with strategy, commitments and goals of the company. As the point of contact for workers, foremen, and administration, the Superintendent is a key person in the completion of projects. Leadership skills and extensive experience allow Superintendents to direct the work of others and make quick decisions. Must be well-organized and value safety above everything else.
Position Status: Non- Exempt, Hourly
Reports to: General Manager / Dutch Harbor Manager
Essential Job Duties
- Create project plans and estimates
- Maintain project objectives
- Monitor production and quality to customer/stakeholder/sponsor standards
- Identify and resolve issues and risks
- Manage assigned customers and helps solve their problems
- Implement change practices
- Manage resources to make sure schedule is on track
- Manage portfolio of projects
- Lead meetings and set expectations for project team
- Maintain budgets and schedules
- Report on projects and portfolios
- Manage and comply with all Safety and Security Requirements
- Must have a driver license in good standing
- Be on time and present for all scheduled shifts
- At times, assist with work duties on projects
- Perform any such duties assigned by supervisor
- Oral Communication – Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listen and gets clarification; Respond well to questions; Demonstrate group presentation skills; Participate in meetings
- Written Communication – Write clearly and informatively; Edit work for spelling and grammar; Vary writing style to meet needs; Present numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information
- Teamwork Balance team and individual responsibilities; Exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contribute to building a positive team spirit; Put success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Support everyone’s efforts to succeed
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritize and plan work activities; Use time efficiently; Plan for additional resources; Organize or schedule other people and their tasks; Develop realistic action plans
- 10+ years of experience in project management, especially larger projects with established firms
- Proven leadership skills
- Expertise in conflict resolution
- Analytical and strong organizational skills, with excellent verbal and written ability
- Proficiency with related software tools including but not limited to Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project
- General building and industrial experience including food and/or fish processing experience
- Construction experience in remote locations
General working conditions are in an office environment but may require working in manufacturing facilities, job sites, and marine environments. Worksites are in Washington and Alaska. Outside working conditions may include snow, ice, and high winds with gusts up to 50 MPH. Employees are regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, potential fall exposure, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold and extreme heat, and high noise levels.
Employees need to be able to climb in and out of holes and confined spaces, as well as maneuver up and down stairs, ladders, and equipment at all elevations. Frequent bending, kneeling, walking, crouching, and consistently picking up or moving 50 pounds is required. Will also be exposed to repetitive motion and will need fine motor skills capability for computer use. Employees will also be exposed to repetitive motion and overhead work and will need fine motor skills capability. Respirators, Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus, hearing protection, and other PPE will be required on various job sites. The position also requires hand manipulative skills for word processing and writing. Must be able to hear verbal conversations over the phone and in-person with background noise. Requires the ability to work standing up or sitting down. Must have visual ability and stamina to view computer screens during 10-hour shifts.
- Related college degree or experience in lieu of, high school or GED
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Competitive Wage – depends on experience
- Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- 401-K retirement plan options
- Paid holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Paid bereavement leave
ABOUT INDUSTRIAL RESOURCES:
We are an equal opportunity employer and one of the Western United States leading welders, industrial contractors, and metal fabricators serving the maritime industries for over 32 years. We take care of our customers and our employees. We work very hard to hire people who share our values of respect for all people, integrity in every situation, and quality in everything we do.
Job offer is contingent upon a pre-employment drug test and reference check. The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.