LOCATIONS: Sedro Woolley and Clearlake, WA.
We are seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic Junior Sales / Estimator with some industrial experience, who is willing to advance into a Senior Estimator/Project Manager role to join our team in our expanding Pacific Northwest location. IRI offers competitive compensation packages with a long-term future.
Job Title: Junior Sales/Estimator
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports to: General Manager & Operations Manager
Essential Job Duties
- Market your own business relationships.
- Seek out sales opportunities with assigned customers.
- Attend business development meetings, seminars and client briefings related to the industry to identify potential opportunities and future targets.
- Maintain knowledge of local, state regulations, DOT requirements, as well as corporate policies and procedures.
- Assist with development of bids, estimates, and proposals
- Attend post-bid /per-award job interviews and clearly communicate the organization’s capability and competency to successfully complete the project.
- Assist with account management for long term recurring customers
- Help identify and pursue new business opportunities including customers, markets, and businesses
- 2-5 years of Industrial Sales Experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Work well with team members and independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication with customers and team members
- Excellent Time Management
- Ability to perform aspects of estimating including selection of proper equipment, staffing/resource needs, establishing production rates, and obtaining vendor and subcontractor quotations.
- Review and evaluate project specifications to determine proper materials, applications and scope of work.
- Complete quantity takeoffs and summations of material.
- Initiate appropriate correspondence with the customer to clarify vague or unclear statements or specifications.
- Willingness to learn estimating
- Understanding Relationship Building
- Ability to read Blueprints
- Willingness to learn project scheduling software
Salary + Bonus, DOE
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and Vacation (eligible after 90 days of employment)
About Industrial Resources
Established in 1989, IRI provides the highest quality of industrial services throughout Washington, Alaska, Oregon, Idaho, and California. With offices located in Sedro Woolley, Washington and Dutch Harbor, Alaska, IRI is comprised of a team of professionals that are dedicated and capable to handle a client’s every need in the area of industrial work including welding, fabrication, construction, and plant maintenance services. IRI is an equal opportunity employer.