LOCATION: Sedro Woolley, WA.
The core mission of the Welder/Fabricator is to efficiently and accurately weld together steel assemblies from plans and specifications, to perform simple fitting, to process complex parts for assembly, and to direct co-worker(s) in assisting with welding or processing parts to be welded. A successful applicant for this position must be able to understand written and verbal instruction and understand and follow dimensional and welding drawings. Additionally, the ability to produce production quality welds in all positions within a given process and deadline is required.
Job Title: Production Welder
Status: Non-exempt, hourly
Reports to: Fabrication Foreman
Essential Job Duties
- Follow health and safety standards
- Run own leads
- Weld to Industrial Resources procedures
- Weld competency in all positions for a single process
- Able to set weld machines to optimum parameters for work in accordance with WPS
- Understand weld symbols and prepares joints in accordance with code
- Utilize jigs and fixtures where appropriate
- Perform basic fitting work as instructed
- Able to operate most non-specialized metalworking equipment
- Understand and apply visual inspection criteria in pre-QC work checks
- Place welds of proper size, spacing and sequence per work instructions
- Be on time and present for all scheduled shifts
- Perform any such duties assigned by supervisor
Additional Skills Preferred
- Ability to pass welding tests, such as WABO or AWS certifications (FCAW, Plate, all positions) This would be a plus
- Able to read and interpret plans and shop drawings
- High school diploma, general education degree or vocational degree
- Demonstrate increasing skill levels to perform both structural fitting and welding
- Communicate and work effectively as a team
- Driver license in good standing preferred
Other duties will include, but not be limited to, working with different crews, leading or participating in safety and crew meetings. Must comply with all safety and security requirements. Must have knowledge and experience on the operation of various vehicles and equipment.
Worksite is in fabrication shop in Sedro-Woolley Washington. Employees are regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and high noise levels.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have full range of mobility in upper and lower body, able to reach overhead, able to work in various positions, including, but not limited to, stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling, squatting; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance for extended periods of time. Be able to lift, pull and push material and equipment to complete assigned job tasks. Be able to lift 50 pounds of weight throughout assigned workday if required. Employees will also be exposed to repetitive motion and overhead work, and will need fine motor skills capability. The employee will be exposed to shop elements such as noise, dust, fumes and odors. Must be able to hear verbal conversations over the phone and in-person with background noise This position requires physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities in a primarily production environment.
- Applicant must provide complete work history with employer references for last three employers, or past five years, whichever is most relevant
- All employees are subject to pre-employment and random periodic drug testing
- Hourly rate, starting at $20/hour, DOE
- Industrial Resource Inc offers a medical/dental/vision plan
- Paid time off and a 401(k)-retirement plan to eligible employees
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.