LOCATIONS: Dutch Harbor, AK., Seattle, WA.
Structural Welder has experience with SMAW, FCAW and GMAW welding processes and structural fitting. Welders must pass certifications as required and be willing to work in either marine or industrial facilities.
Status: Non-exempt, hourly
Reports to: Operations Manager, Foreman
Essential Job Duties
- Follow health and safety standards
- Work with a fitter or independently welding
- Work with a welder or independently fitting structural members on a ship or industrial facility
- Use of hand tools such as grinders, porta-bands and sawzalls
- Weld to Industrial Resources procedures
- Pass a visual test as well as American Welding Society (AWS) D 1.1, and/or United States Coast Guard (USCG), American Bureau of Shipping (ABS)
- Demonstrate increasing skill levels to perform both structural fitting and welding
- Communicate and work effectively as a team
- Run own lead
- Driver license in good standing preferred
- Be on time and present for all scheduled shifts
- Perform any such duties assigned by supervisor
Other duties will include, but not be limited to, working with different crews and leading or participating in safety and crew meetings. Must comply with all safety and security requirements. Working with concrete, carpentry, plumbing, welding, and general construction. Must have knowledge and experience on the operation of various vehicles and equipment.
Worksites are in Washington and Alaska. Outside working conditions may include snow, ice, and high winds with gusts up to 50 MPH. Employees are regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, potential fall exposure, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold and extreme heat, and high noise levels.
Employees will need to be able to climb in and out of holes and confined spaces, as well as maneuver up and downstairs, ladders, and equipment at all elevations. Frequent bending, kneeling, walking, crouching, and consistently picking up or moving 50 pounds is required. Employees will also be exposed to repetitive motion and overhead work and will need fine motor skills capability. Respirators, Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus, hearing protection, and other PPE will be required on various job sites. Must be able to hear verbal conversations over the phone and in-person with background noise. Requires the ability to work standing up or sitting down.