STRUCTURAL FITTER FOR SEDRO WOOLLEY FAB SHOP
LOCATIONS: Sedro Woolley, WA
Should be familiar with working in a fabrication shop environment. Structural Welder has experience with SMAW, FCAW and GMAW welding processes and structural fitting.
Status: Non-exempt, hourly
Reports to: Shop Supervisor
Schedule: Monday – Thursday, 6 am – 4 pm
Experience: 2 years minimum
Essential Job Duties
- Follow health and safety standards
- Work with a fitter or independently welding
- Work with a welder or independently fitting structural members on a ship or industrial facility
- Use of hand tools such as grinders, porta-bands and sawzalls
- Weld to Industrial Resources procedures
- Pass a visual test as well as American Welding Society (AWS) D 1.1, and/or United States Coast Guard (USCG), American Bureau of Shipping (ABS)
- Demonstrate increasing skill levels to perform both structural fitting and welding
- Communicate and work effectively as a team
- Run own lead
- Driver license in good standing preferred
- Be on time and present for all scheduled shifts
- Perform any such duties assigned by supervisor
Other duties will include, but not be limited to participating in safety and crew meetings. Must comply with all safety and security requirements.
Frequent bending, kneeling, walking, crouching, and consistently picking up or moving 50 pounds is required. Employees will also be exposed to repetitive motion and overhead work and will need fine motor skills capability. Respirators, Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus, hearing protection, and other PPE will be required on various job sites. Must be able to hear verbal conversations over the phone and in-person with background noise. Requires the ability to work standing up or sitting down.